Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Two-page piano painting

This is what I told my friends when I had published a short new piano piece:

for all of you: if you detect an influence / plagiarism in my piece that I haven't understood about myself, please report! The obvious sources of influence when I write like this are the short piano works I have played or listened to, by Schumann, Brahms, Debussy, Ravel, Kabalevsky, Stravinskij, Fryklof, L-E Larsson, and other German, French, Russian or Swedish composers, mainly from the 1920s. The more subtle and harder to detect and entangle, are influences from fellow Sibelians, since I listen so much to works on the site, but not always remember what I have heard and seen, and where. Piano works by JA Gach, J Gardner, B Hughes, MW Morse, RA Moulds, and many more.

The piece is called Lady M pays a visit to a painter, and the sheet music can be found at SibeliusMusic.

MaLj

No comments: